The Sagredo Family

The palace dates back to the 15th century; it was built by the Morosini family and modified several times throughout the years.

The first owner, documented in 1570, was Lorenzo Morosini, Domenico’s brother, one of the patrons of the Accademia Pellegrina where even Tiziano and Tintoretto belonged.

After some heritage turnovers inside the Morosini family, in the middle of the 17th century the palace was purchased by the Sagredos, one of the most prestigious families of the Venetian nobility, who had been living in the Santa Sofia district for centuries.

They had been part of the Republic Main Council long before the Serrata of 1297, but the first documentation concerning the Sagredos dates back to the 11th century.

Back to top
Online booking
Best Rate in period
Latest available rooms